Imperial College London: Revolutions in BioMedicine
This four-week summer school gives a unique insight into biomedicine in the immersive research environment of Imperial College London's world-renowned Faculty of Medicine.
Innovative revolutions are changing the face of biomedicine from genes to populations. Through interactive sessions, a mini-research laboratory project and keynote lectures you will explore cutting-edge research, technology, and the future of biomedicine.
Open to undergraduates and recent graduates (18+) with degrees containing a bioscience component
Four weeks of interactive keynotes, talks, mini-research laboratory project and interactive group work
Academic credits: 7.5 ECTS credits (=3-4 US)
English language requirements apply
- Study at a world top ten institution
- Experience the vibrant, multicultural city of London
- Boost your CV with a sought-after Imperial course
- Rub shoulders with Imperial's world-renowned academics
- Network with other students from over 20 countries
- Prizes available for top academic and lab project performances
Classes take place Monday to Friday. The timetable will be:
- 10.00-12.30 Morning interactive sessions
- 12.30-13.30 Lunch break
- 13.30-16.00 Afternoon interactive sessions
- Evening - Free time, social activities or weekly keynote
Explore a wealth of topics and gain an understanding of the past, present and future landscape of biomedicine research:
- Surgical technology
- Stem cells and regenerative medicine
- Patients, health and populations
- Keep it Real: controversies and false leads in biomedicine
- The programme carries 7.5 ECTS credits (3-4 US), subject to your home institution approval.
- In order to gain academic credit, students must attend a minimum of 80% of the course and gain an aggregate score of 40% in the following assessments:
- Written exam
- Lab project report, presentation and peer marking.
- Prizes are available for the top academic and lab project performances
We have built an optional social programme of activities chosen to allow you to experience London's history and cultural diversity whilst you build a global network of new friends. There will also be plenty of free time for you to explore the aspects of the city of most interest to you. Previous events include:
- Hyde Park Picnic
- West End Show
- Harry Potter Studios
- Tower of London
- Street Art Walking Tour
- BBC Proms
Accompanying you on social programme activities will be our team of Revolutions in Biomedicine Student Ambassadors.
This team, made up of current Imperial undergraduate students, will ensure your stay is as memorable as possible by providing pastoral support, information about resources on Campus and insider hints and tips about student life in London and the myriad of ways you can spend your free time here.
Students may choose to book a room in one of Imperial College’s own Halls of Residences, book accommodation through the private sector or stay with friends and family.
Students who are offered a place on the programme will be sent information on how to book Imperial accommodation if you choose to stay on campus.
Please note: accommodation costs are not included in the programme fee. Accommodation bookings and enquiries are handled separately via the Imperial College Summer Accommodation team.